Wednesday, November 24, 2010

31 Weeks!

This is more for my own journaling, so sorry if it bores you. Posts are so much funner with pictures but I have no pictures, just documenting.

I have hit 31 weeks and over 3 weeks of bedrest! Super excited about that. Monday at the Dr.'s my cervix was a little shorter, but that's pretty much what has been going on week by week. We lose a little every week. My blood pressure was higher than it normally is so he wants so watch me more closely for preeclampsi and he measured the babies and found that the girl was lagging behind when normally she is just a little less than the boy. She measured 28 wks and 6 days, so about 2 weeks behind schedule. The boy was 31 wks and 1 day. But since she is deeper inside, behind the boy and her head is so far down in my pelvis we didn't know how accurate the measurements really were. He threw around the idea that if she really was truly measuring 2 weeks behind, when normally she is right on track, twin to twin transfusion could be starting which is where one baby starts to take more of the nutrients which causes the other one to lack and not grow as fast.

I asked if that was the case, what they do about it. He said that if it continues, and she gets farther behind than 2 weeks in development that we would induce me to deliver the babies. But that he first wanted me to go see the perinatologist to get a better measurement, and if she's lagging then I'd go every week to get measured and if at 33-34 weeks she was behind enough that's when we'd deliver. So we made an app for Tuesday to see the peri and the Dr. now wants me to come in twice a week for non stress tests (which I've been doing once a week) and to check my blood pressure twice a week and we'd also check the fluid to make sure they both have plenty twice a week. So I hope my blood pressure stays in check because if it gets too high pretty much I'll be hospitalized and that would be awful.

So yesterday we went to the peri and they got a much better measurement, and she was only a week behind and even then they said their prediction is she's really bigger because it was so hard to get an accurate measure on her head. So they weren't too concerned and said that if I'm still pregnant in 3 weeks to come back to measure them again. Yay! The boy is almost 4 pounds and she is over 3 pounds, but really probably more. So good news!

It would be wonderful if they could get to around 5 pounds. so probably only 2-3 more weeks inside and they would be close to 5 pounds. My goal was 33 weeks, that's only 2 more weeks away. So now I think how wonderful it would be to make it to 34 or even 35 weeks! Every week counts at this point. I am sick of my puffiness, my exhaustion, lack of sleep, bedrest, how hard it is to maneuver around and so on, but I know it's only for a few weeks and then my babies will be here! I can hold on until then.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I hope you keep those babies in there. Tessa has a heart murmur we have to go to the cardiologist every three months to check and they still can't be on normal formula, so not much to complain about, but I really hope you make it past 33 wks. You are staying so positive, keep up the good work! Let me know if you want me to come over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! The end seems like it lasts forever until you look back on it! It will be so worth it when they come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the 2nd set of news is good! I wish I lived closer so I could stop by and help some of the monotony pass. Shaylee you are so beautiful! I know it's hard to think so when you feel swollen & so uncomfortable but you truly are so gorgeous & those twins will have you running around & you'll be back to your normal self in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you are doing ok. I've been thinking about you. Glad the babies are ok and you are amazing. Hang in there. I bet you are a pro at Dr. appt's. Call me if your bored on your bed rest. I love to chat :)!!! hey will you email me your address. amybgodfrey@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete