Saturday, January 8, 2011

TWINS UNITED AT LAST

Sawyer James just a couple days old in the NICU.



Mercedez was in the NICU for 5 days for feeding issues. She got to come home on day 5, the day after I was discharged from the hospital. What a grand day it was! She really ate pretty dang well from the night she was born.



Sky meeting Mercedez for the first time. She was super curious. She has been pretty neglected since. Sad. Hopefully someday we can pay more attention to her.

Mercedez first bath! We had just Mercedez home for almost 4 days before we got to bring her brother home. It was so sad that they had to be separated for 8 days from the day they were born. But I guess at the same time it was good to bring just one home and give us a bit to adjust slowly to 2 babies. I will say that there was a big difference from one baby to two!!!!




On day 8 we got to bring Sawyer home from the hospital! He had to stay longer because within the first day he wasn't moving things through when he was eating so they gave his tummy and gut a rest for 4 days and didn't feed him anything. We were a little nervous because they were saying things like obstruction, and that maybe his intestines didn't form correctly and a necrotizing bacteria that kills the intestines. My dad came and gave him a blessing with Justin and right after he pooped! They still rested his bowels for 4 days and it ended up his gut just took a little longer to move things through, but after 4 days he got to eat and then just had to work up to eat enough to come home.

So on day 8 we got to bring Sawyer home to be with his sister! Finally!!!! Sky was like, "What the heck??? Another one?"
It's been so cute. We'll lay them by each other but facing so they can see each other and Sawyer will look over at Mercedez and just smile. He's such a good big brother! (even though technically Mercedez is the big sister :) So these pictures were taken like over a week and a half ago, and we have been adjusting since. It's actually been really really good. They are such good babies! They sleep for 4 hours at a time, then wake up to eat, then sleep some more! So far so good. And Justin is the best husband ever and is amazing at helping. I couldn't ask for a better husband. I love him so much! He just loves these babies so much it's been so much fun! Well, other than the few days that my hormones were adjusting and I was so depressed and sad for no reason I thought for sure I'd need some medication. Like I was having panic attacks. I never understood those, but now I do. It was pretty crazy. But now I feel back to normal, just tired. I'm glad it didn't last long! Also Cortney my sister in law has done pretty much the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. She had asked for contact information from when I was doing baby shower invites and I assumed it was for the shower, but really she set up a whole month's worth of dinners/help for each day throughout January. What a major help that has been!!!! She is wonderful! So thanks to everyone that is helping! It is so much appreciated!

7 comments:

  1. Oh they are so tiny and so cute! Glad that you all are finally home and adjusting well. I was just thinking about you tonight as I was mopping my floors, and wondering when you were going to update. :) I absolutely love the picture with them sleeping and facing one another. So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad everything is going well! I'm sure sky will adjust over time too :)
    That's so cute that Sawyer smiles at his sister. I've never asked, but it seems like no matter what twins have a bond that no other kind of siblings have. I love it and always secretly wished I had a twin myself.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so sweet Shay! Can I come squeeze them? Goodness...I knew you would be a wonderful mother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i'm so glad they're home, and i hope your other 'baby' is adjusting well...fitchy hid in his kennel for the first six months after we brought maddux home....

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS SHAY!!!! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on getting them home, they are both adorable. The 21st was a good day to have a baby, that's when I had mine too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I got to see those babies! I love the x-mas gift, thank you so much! Did you make the magnets?

    ReplyDelete