Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Weekend

Just needed to vent. Sorry, no pictures. We had a spur of the moment fabulous idea to go to Escalante in Southern Utah to hike the slot canyons. My parents and sister were there on Thursday, called and said it had been rainy but that it was supposed to clear up and they had the campsight till Monday! So we took off Friday afternoon, spur of the moment. Bad idea. Do you know how many other people decided to take off for the Memorial weekend on Friday? All of Utah! So what should have taken about 5 hours took 7! We got to the campsight at 11:00 pm and fell asleep instantly in the tent trailer. Rained all night, was raining in the morning and forecast said it was supposed to rain all weekend. So we drove home around 12, which took about 6 hours. Along the way we stopped at Pei Wei in Bountiful. Almost as good as PF Chang's and half expensive and way faster! I crave that place. Then stopped off in Layton to see Angel's and Demons. It sucked. I hated it. Although I had read the book and they totally ruined it and the acting sucked. Don't see it, especially if you've read the book. If you haven't read the book then you'll probably think it's "ok". We went to church with my sister and family on Sunday and then made them a taco dinner. The taco dinner we took down to Escalante but did not use because we just came home. We also had the S'mores and Banana boat stuff so we had a fire at her house and ate those up! It was a fun relaxing Sunday! Then Monday me and Justin just hung out, saw Star Trek (which was surprisingly very good!), went to the batting cages, ate gelata's at Zeppes (the coconut creme italian ice with chocolate custard is amazing, we are obsessed with that place), went to my Grandma and Grandpa Jones' gravesight, then went to my parents to relax and watch the Laker game. So I guess the weekend was fun once we got back from S. Utah. Just relaxin and such. Hope everyone else had a fun Memorial Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That's crappy about the rain! At least it made for an entertaining story :) It still sounds like you had a fun weekend. --S'mores and Zeppes--Yum-O! And I totally agree with you about Pei Wei, we would always stop at the one on 4th south after a great day at the VA. You are the third person that said Star Trek was good. I will need to rent it when I get home.

    Florida sounded like so much fun! You packed in a ton of stuff, my kinda vacay. I so could go for some beach right now.

    ReplyDelete