Monday, May 18, 2009

FLORIDA FUN!

A week ago we spent a week in Orlando Florida! It was so much fun! We went and saw Blue Man Group while we were there and I was very impressed! It was better than I thought it would be. I highly recommend it!


I have to say we are a little obsessed with vacationing. As soon as one trip is done, we're planning for the next one. We stayed at this Calypso Cay resort.
I wish I could say we went to the Kennedy Space Center, but we didn't. We really wanted to but there is SO much to do in Orlando that we didn't have time to do half of what we wanted. This was at the airport :)
In our seats at the Blue Man Group.


We were so dang excited when we saw a local fruit stand. We wanted fresh grown Florida oranges! I just knew they were going to taste amazing. Here Justin is with a fresh picked orange. Delicious? NO! So not! We get better oranges here in Utah at the supermarket! I have no idea why they weren't good. Maybe we didn't go to the right stand. I don't know.



But the mangos were delicious!!! I'm smelling one in this picture.


We drove over by Tampa the first day and went to Clearwater Beach. It was beautiful!








Justin frolicking in the ocean.




We went to Universal Studios, which had a lot of different things than Universal California. I love Universal!



Somehow Justin always gets picked to be an audience volunteer. He also was picked when we went to the Universal in California. The hostess girl had picked everyone but a last person and said she needed a really hunky guy and picked Justin. What a lucky girl I am to have such a hunky husband!



They had him in front of a green screen and he had to flail his arms around then later they added him to a movie where he was sliding down lava!




We had free tickets to DisneyWorld so we went to experience Epcot. This was in Mexico.



At Universal they had a Dr. Suess Land! I totally felt like I was in one of his books.








Epcot had tons and tons of bush art. This was some kind of goblin or something.

More bush art.We've been to see Cirque Du Soleil in Vegas, Mystere, but in Orlando they have La Nouba. We'd never heard of that one. So we went and saw it and it was so good! Although I do have to say, I enjoyed Blue Man more!
























3 comments:

  1. You guys are such a cute married couple. Yes, you are obsessed with vacations, but it's a good thing. You get to see the world...how lucky! I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Shay! That looks like such a fun vacation! I love anything and everything Disney! We went to Vegas for our anniversary and I wanted to see Blue Man Group so bad... but I couldn't convince my money-tight husband... :( Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete