Thursday, February 12, 2009

He's never been into running, but when we were first married he ran a leg in the Ogden marathon with my family and got really into running 5k's. He ran a bunch and placed in some of them. He's now planning on running a half marathon and then a marathon this year.
My dad calls Justin "city boy" and is slowly trying to turn him into more of a country boy. :) My dad's great love is hunting and Justin is so excited that he got his hunters safety and now can go hunting with me and my dad. Although we've been 3 times now and still no kill to bring home.....

He LOVES longboarding! In the beginning me and the wives of his friends would be the drivers and haul all the guys up a good 'boarding' road and let them go, following close behind them and honking so they'd get out of the way when cars were coming. Now they've found a better system. They ride Frontrunner to salt lake, take tracks from gateway up to the U and start they're treck. They've found all these back roads that are less-traficked and go all the way from the U, down through Salt Lake, past the Conference Center and back to Gateway. Pretty impressive!


My Cali boy! He is from California born and raised. He loves the ocean as does his family and we go to visit pretty often. I love that he's from California. He claims he's Californian through and through, but he loves snowboarding an awful lot for me to be completely convinced. He also is taking on some Utah 'slang'. Slowly I'm converting him to Utahnism.



Justin went on a mission to Vera Cruz Mexico and therefore speaks Spanish. I know he was a great missionary and is such a good example to me. I'm so thankful for his willingness and desire to do what is right. (This pic isn't from his mission, it's from our honeymoon, but it's in Mexico and he's in a suit, so you get the idea...)




This pretty much sums Justin up for those of you that know him. We were waiting for our paint to be mixed at Home Depot and I turn around and see Justin with this Home Depot hat he'd found and the alterations of his outfit. As you'll read below, I often am slightly embarrassed by some of his actions in public, but this one actually cracked me up and had to take a picture.











K, he might be mad I put this on, but this is the only picture that comes close to the crazy faces he pulls. Most of the time he is hilarious.....when we're alone......it's out in public that I get a little self-conscious. I've tried harder lately to try to just let him be himself but sometimes he needs to be subdued when others are around. He can get a little spazzy. One of his favorite things to do when we're out to eat or just walking somewhere public is start pulling crazy faces, like to the extent that he looks 'special'. I always tell him that if someone I know sees us they're gonna think I'm out with my 'special' friend or brother and not my husband, who under the crazy face is really quite an attractive guy. Maybe I need to just chill out and let him be. Plus, it's not really fair to laugh and enjoy it when we're alone then hold him back out in public. I don't know.....












When he's not pulling crazy faces he's quite attractive..........(I like him best with his scruffy face although he insists on being clean cut. I guess that's supposed to be a good thing for him to want this, but I love the scruffiness.)







3 comments:

  1. Aaron has a similar personality, when we're alone he makes me laugh so hard but when we're out in public I get a little self conscious that he might make a fool of himself. I too have had to learn to relax and just let him be himself. That's why I love him...right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the post Shaylee! This inspired me to do my own fun post all about my husband. None of us get to know our husbands quite as well and so it was fun to see! After videoing your wedding I think I saw that he likes to make people laugh. I LOVED the home depot picture. Who does that?! ha ha ha... And good luck to Justin with running the half and full! Will you be joining him on any of those?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still laughing at Justin's "funny face" picture! Sounds like he's quite the jokester. This was a fun post.

    ReplyDelete