Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Half Marathon

Let's not run for like 6 months, (except maybe a few random 3 miles or so) then the day before a half marathon commit to run it, then go to Rodizzio's Grill and pound down massive amounts of meat for a late dinner (which I heard is really great right before a race....right), then stay up till 1 am then get up at 6 am to go to the starting line. Who does this? Really? I want to know. Oh, you did it? You, Justin? Yeah, Justin did this. Insane. I am consistantly amazed at Justin and the things he does. He is just talented at everything he does. I really thought he would struggle when he told me, the day before, "Hey, I'm running in a half marathon in the valley tomorrow." I should have more faith in him, but I must say I doubted him and almost laughed at him when he said this. Then I was worried about him. It was FREEZING up in the valley in Huntsville. It was snowing when they started and there was a brisk numbing wind as you can see below is blowing his jacket up which is making him look hunchbacked. We slept over at Adam and Melody's house because the race ran right past their house during mile 12 and Adam is the one that got Justin to run with him in it. So we girls slept in till 9 and sat outside on the porch in the freezing wind waiting for our men to run past. After they ran past we jumped in the car and met them at the finish line.

This is the picture I took out of the car window as I passed him heading towards the finish line. Kind of rude I know, him being on his 13th mile of running and here I am unknowingly taunting him with the option of getting in the car. He must have been beat by this time!
Running past the house as we sat on the porch.

Mile 13! Yay!!!




You did it! I am so proud of you!!!! So after he finished (which he finished in 1 hr 57 min. Not bad for someone who has not trained one ounce for it!!!!) he did just fine! A little tired and the next day his legs and joints hurt as expected, but by the second day or so he was back to his usual self. What the? I would have been down and out for days! He really has a natural talent. Get this boy in some training and he could do some damage!



And I just had to add this picture cause I think he's so dang studly!





5 comments:

  1. Dear Justin, You are crazy. However, I only say that because I am jealous you were able to pull that off, I don't think I ever could have. Great job! P.S. Tell your wife Happy Birthday again for me...she is a wonderful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is definitely impressive!!! GO JUSTIN!!! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's amazing!! i always knew you would end up with someone great!!! and i have a book you should read it's called "the alchemist" by paulo coehlo!!! it's awesome!! very insightful!! miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing. My husband and I are training right now for one in June. I can't believe that he did that. I can't even imagine running that far without training. I can only wish that I finish the race after I train for 2 months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that's crazy. Happy Birthday by the way. I hope you had a good day:)

    ReplyDelete