Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Blessing

We blessed the twins this past Sunday. We waited 3 months because we wanted their immune systems to be strong. Although, we started getting nervous because it seems RSV is still rampant. But they have been healthy so far and hope they continue to be. (But I must add that I am becoming quite obsessed with essential oils and I blame their healthy little bodies on an amazing oil called On Guard by Doterra oils. It's supposed to be antibacterial/antiviral and we've put it on them and they've been around snotty nosed coughing kids and they are still healthy)
It was such a perfect day! Justin gave them such amazing blessings. Mercedez wore the dress, shoes and sweater/shawl I wore when I was blessed. My great grandma made the shawl and I love that Mercedez got to wear it. I love sentimental things like that. Her grandma Stevenson bought her a darling bracelet also. I got Sawyer's outfit at Old Navy :) Sorry buddy, your dad didn't have his blessing outfit. I had to put the above picture in because they're holding hands! So precious.

I know, I know....there's more pictures of Mercedez on here than Sawyer. It's just that Sawyer's expression in all the pictures were pretty much the same, whereas Mercedez had a lot of different shots to show all the different angles of her darling little face! Plus, let's face it, frilly dresses and feathery headbands are so much more fun to take pictures of.



Not the best shot of her, but it's the only picture I had that showed her whole outfit with the shawl.
This little guy has the cutest little face. His eyes are always wide and big, whereas it's actually more difficult to get a picture of Mercedez with her eyes wide open and staring. He has always been very aware, ever since the day he was born. And super mellow. He pretty much just hangs out.
What a stud!
Me, Sawyer and Grandma Stevenson. Justin's parents and sister Hannah stayed with us from Wed-Tues. It was so much fun having them here! I get soooo much sleep when they come to stay, it's awesome! We were sad to see them go back to California.
I wish we got a better picture than this of all of us, but it'll have to do. I have like 6 shots, but there's someone not looking their best in each one. Oh well.
Grandma and Grandpa Stevenson.
Grandma and Grandpa Jones. It was a great day with family and friends! Thanks for all your support!

5 comments:

  1. They are SO cute and you look great Shaylee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so mad I was sick and missed their blessing!! Congrats on such a wonderful experience. Those babies look adorable and you're looking AWESOME!!

    Oh yeah Justin's cute too. Whatever. He didn't have twins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE There outfits. They are beautiful babies. You look great and have such a cute family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool that she got to wear your dress! She's so pretty and getting so big! Sawyer looks like a stud too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, so you need to tell me more about this whole on gaurd stuff. I've heard a lot about it. How do you use it? do you put it on their feet?

    ReplyDelete